Happy New Year!
May the new year and the new decade bring you health, wonderful books, success and may your dreams come true! Thank you for staying with me and sharing this book journey with me.
It’s the time for the final reading update of the year! Despite the last three months being absolutely crazy busy, I managed to get a lot of reading done and finished the year with 71 books out of my initial goal of 30. (I am very pleased about that!!!)
In the three months, I managed to finish my reread of Harry Potter, reread Percy Jackson and the Olympians, get to the halfway point of my reread of the Heroes of Olympus series, be in awe of Queen of Nothing, read Call Down the Hawk and also managed to squeeze in a book in Bulgarian and a few poetry books. I’d say this is a good end of the year.
Here’s the full list of books I managed to finish:
- Harry Potter and The Prizoner of Azkaban – J.K. Rowling (October 7 – October 13)
- Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire – J.K. Rowling (October 13 – October 18)
- Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix – J.K. Rowling (October 18 – October 26)
- Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince – J.K. Rowling (October 25 – November 1)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K. Rowling (November 1 – November 7)
- A Court of Mist and Fury – Sarah J. Maas (audiobook) (September 6 – October 26)
- Harry Potter and The Cursed Child – J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany & Jack Thorne (November 7 – November 8)
- Call Down the Hawk (The Dreamer Trilogy #1) – Maggie Stiefvater (November 4 – November 18)
- The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air #3) – Holly Black (November 19 – November 21)
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) – Rick Riordan (November 10 – November 25)
- The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2) – Rick Riordan (November 27 – December 2)
- The Titan’s Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3) – Rick Riordan (December 2 – December 5)
- The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4) – Rick Riordan (December 5 – December 8)
- The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5) – Rick Riordan (December 8 – December 10)
- The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1) – Rick Riordan (December 10 – December 15)
- The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus #2) – Rick Riordan (December 15 – December 18)
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn in This One – Amanda Lovelace (December 23)
- The Mermaid’s Voice Returns in This One – Amanda Lovelace (December 23 – December 24)
- 158 удара в минута – Димитър Калбуров (December 24)
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One – Amanda Lovelace (December 24)
- To Make Monsters Out of Girls – Amanda Lovelace (December 24 – December 26)
- The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) – Rick Riordan (December 21 – December 28)
I really enjoyed reading Amanda Lovelace’s works and I will probably be dedicating a separate post about them. Of course, I am recommending Percy Jackson and overall Rick Riordan’s books (will be talking about them very soon). I am almost finished with my review of Call Down the Hawk so be on the look out for that, and I am working through my reviews for this year (will be posting a lot of them soon hopefully). My most surprising read of the bunch was definitely Queen of Nothing, I was on edge the whole time reading it and I am very sad that this series is over. I will miss Cardan and Jude.
I definitely regret re-reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, but the whole purpose of the reread was so I could write down my thoughts and share them with you.
Did you manage to achieve your goal for 2019 reading wise and what goal did you set for 2020 (if you’ve set any) ?
My other wrap-ups for 2019: